- I am married to Tracy Ferrell and the father of son Brooks (23) and daughter Danica (11).
- We have a rescued husky and a shelter cat.
- I graduated from Sissonville High and have a Master’s Degree from Marshall University.
- I am a teacher and have taught in Kanawha County since 1989.
- I love all sports and I have coached multiple youth teams in the community.
- I was selected “Coach of the Year” by Charleston Newspapers in 2004 for high school volleyball at GWHS.
- I was instrumental in bringing the WVSSAC State Volleyball Tournament to the Charleston Civic Center.
- I’ve been a life-long business owner and currently operate West Virginia’s only all-sports network at RSN Sports.
- I’ve been a successful real estate developer having completed one of county’s nicest subdivisions at Seneca Valley Estates.
- I am a gun owner and believe every law abiding American has the right to do so.
- We own an RV and love to camp and enjoy the outdoors.
- I am a Fellowship of Christian Athletes (FCA) huddle coach and have taught Sunday School at both Fisher Chapel and Aldersgate United Methodist churches. I was baptized in the Poca River at Rocky Fork.
- I’ve been blessed to sit down to business with CEO’s of Panasonic and Pioneer Electronics in Chicago but spend the next Friday with a trip to the Dairy Queen in Sissonville.